New eMagazine: The Spectrum Monitor

tsm

When I learned of Monitoring Times closing its doors recently after many years of publication, I felt like my dog died.

Well, maybe not quite that extreme but I was feeling the loss. There have only ever been two magazines that I’ve faithfully read every article of every issue and MT was one of them (the other was Nat Geo Adventurer…RIP).

So I’m a happy camper with high expectations regarding the start-up e-magazine whose first issue will be available for download as a pdf file on (tech difficulties) December 15 December 16 December 17(?)- The Spectrum Monitor.

A year – that’s 12 issues – goes for $20. It took me about 8 seconds to make the decision to subscribe.

Fortunately, many of the same columnists of MT will be writing for The Spectrum Monitor.

9 comments for “New eMagazine: The Spectrum Monitor

1. Elwin Parks
    December 10, 2013 at 2:36 pm

Please let us know what you think about this new magazine. I have limited pension income and have to be selective about how I spend it. Also my nature is to be skeptical.

Thanks
    Elwin SWL/AM Dx

• December 10, 2013 at 3:14 pm

Will do, Elwin. Based on who’s putting it together, I expect it will be pretty good – we’ll see.

2. December 16, 2013 at 3:56 pm

The first issue of TSM was due to be available Dec 15. As of late in the day Dec 16, it is still not available due to “technical difficulties”. Hopefully all will be resolved soon…

3. December 17, 2013 at 1:32 pm

I am looking forward to downloading the first issue. They sent the download instructions by e-mail but I have not been able to get past Step 3 in the checkout. Hopefully that will be resolved soon.

• December 17, 2013 at 2:19 pm

No one has downloaded the 1st issue yet. It was supposed to have been available Sunday but the tech difficulties seem to be persistent and continue through today. Their homepage has been updated frequently with “later today” and “possibly tomorrow” etc, etc.

What they ought to do is make the first issue freely available now. That way all subscribers get their paid-for issues without further delay and others would get an “introductory issue” to test drive and see if they want to subscribe. They would lose nothing and would gain new subscribers and recoup some lost faith.

• December 17, 2013 at 2:25 pm

I got an e-mail back from KS4ZR about the technical issue. I agree that they should post the first issue downloadable off of their website. They may gain more subscribers in the process. It will be fun to see them with a new publication.

73!
        Brad, K5BDL
        Tyler, TX

4. WA2ONH, Charlie
    January 13, 2014 at 4:55 pm

FYI….

See “MTExpress Complete Anthology” DVD for $99.95 at this site…

This is the complete Monitoring Times magazine from 1999-2013 in full color. It comes on one DVD-ROM and is viewed using the included Adobe Reader program. The complete DVD is searchable or you may open each issue individually

SAVED Paper Pages are OUT; DVD Digital Pages are IN.

• January 13, 2014 at 6:05 pm

Thanks for that info, Charlie.
      (Yep – I’ve become quite an e-reader lately myself!)